Are you interested in working on the Board of the National Union of University Students in Finland? Here you can find all the information you need for applying.
The Board of the National Union of University Students in Finland (SYL) for 2023 will be elected at the General Assembly on 18–19 November 2022. Six members and the President will be elected. Delegates elected by the student unions will vote on the Board at the General Assembly. All delegates with voting rights can nominate candidates for the Board and President.
Student unions usually choose their candidates for SYL’s board and president in their student council meetings. Please contact your student union if you are interested in applying. You can find the student unions’ websites in Members. With other questions, you can contact SYL’s Vice President Katariina Henttonen, email@example.com.
Board work is full-time and requires living in the Helsinki metropolitan area. The Board compensation paid out to board members will be 1,365 euros per month, while the President will also receive a bonus of 475 euros per month, and the Vice President a bonus of 100 euros per month.
See below for the key dates if you are interested in becoming a Board member or if you are chosen as a candidate for the Board.
- Short presentation of candidates at the fall seminar on 15–16 September.
- Presentations of candidates in Instagram Stories on weekdays, starting on 18 October. Further details to be provided later.
- Candidates’ written presentations will be published on SYL’s website on 8 November.
- Candidates’ streamed interviews will be published on 18 November, one day before the General Assembly.
- The joint event at the General Assembly.
- Election of Board members at the General Assembly.
More details of the presentations, interviews and joint event will be provided in early October.
For more information, contact SYL’s Vice President Katariina Henttonen, firstname.lastname@example.org.