Job advertisement 15.12.2017
Are you passionate about social welfare and health care? Can you find your way through the legislative jungle, particularly when it comes to student health care? Are you an expert and a lobbyist combined? Do you often receive thanks and praise for your communication skills? If you answered most of these questions with a yes, you might be just the person we need in SYL’s excellent team! We are looking for a
SOCIAL POLICY ADVISER
for a permanent position starting 15 January 2018, or as agreed. The role is particularly focused on issues relating to student health care and the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS). The adviser is also responsible for student housing, cooperating with the education policy adviser on advocacy related to working life, and tasks relating to equality.
- an organisation representing 15 student unions and approximately 130 000 university students
- an efficient lobbyist and a responsible and enthusiastic influencer in society
- interested in creating a better tomorrow for students, Finnish and European education and social policy, issues related to working life, international activities and development cooperation.
- are well acquainted with current issues regarding student health care, and with the relevant laws
- you are familiar with the unique issues affecting student housing
- are hands-on, cooperative and analytical
- have completed at least some university studies, or maybe even an entire degree
- are keen to communicate about your work
- can plan and carry out Finland’s most influential campaigns together with the rest of the lobbying team
- speak several languages, and are fluent in Finnish
- have maybe been active within a student organisation or student union.
We would like to offer you
- an interesting, independent and a challenging role
- an easy-going but energetic work community and 15 friendly colleagues
- a grade SYL 4 (€2480.35/month) salary with possible supplements based on education and experience
- excellent benefits.
You can apply for this role by doing the following by 3 January 2018 at 11:59 pm:
- Fill out your basic information and submit your application on the following form: https://syl.fi/rekry/
- Send your CV to the National Union of University Students in Finland via email to email@example.com
- Include a link to a video, no longer than 4 minutes, in the email (NB! not as an attachment). Answer the following questions in the video:
- What are your expectations for the job?
- What experience do you have of political influencing and advocacy communications?
- How would you assess the situation of the FSHS and student health care in the current political climate and operational environment, as it relates to the social welfare and health care reform of the Sipilä government?
During the first round, applications will be assessed anonymously.
Any interviews will be organised on the 10 and if necessary the 11 January 2018 at SYL’s office in Helsinki. The trial period for this position is four months.
In its work, SYL emphasises pluralism and equal opportunities. All backgrounds and genders are encouraged to apply.
Secretary General Eero Manninen (until 25th of Dec.), tel. 045 631 7145, firstname.lastname@example.org
Adviser Sini Terävä (until 20th of Dec.), tel. 041 515 2226, email@example.com
President Riina Lumme, tel. 044 906 5007, firstname.lastname@example.org